Monday 30 July 2012

The Emperor Napoleon Cocktail

Whilst I was mixing some Courvoisier Cocktails for the Diamond Jubilee, I noticed again that the bottle had a picture of Napoleon on it (please make your own ironic comments here). Given that I also had Napoleon’s favourite wine, Vin de Constance, and a small sample of Mandarine Napoleon to hand, I was immediately inspired to mix up a drink.

Following a little research, I found that The Cocktail DB already lists a Napoleon Cocktail and so my creation is called the Emperor Napoleon.

The Emperor Napoleon Cocktail

The Emperor Napoleon
30ml Courvoisier
10ml Vin de Constance
10ml Mandarine Napoleon
SHAKE

This makes a rich and flavourful drink that has strong, warming Cognac on one side, the juicy and sweet Mandarine Napoleon sitting on the other, and the Vin de Constance in the middle. There are herbal elements, too, as well as a lot of sweet citrus. For a tart and extremely refreshing drink, add 10ml of lemon juice, to make an “Emperor’s Vacation”.

Courvoisier VS Cognac is available from  al major grocery stores – RRP £23.79 for 70cl

No comments:

Post a Comment